The team is named after the latin word Scribere which meas “To write”.
Qualifications and Expertise
Franco David Medina
CEO and Editor
Franco David Medina is a cofounder and CEO of Grupo Scribere. He was exposed to a multicultural environment from his early teenage years, living and studying in a variety of Latin-American countries. He moved to Ecuador in December 1997 to serve as a missionary with World Harvest Inc. He helped to plant and build several churches throughout Ecuador. The first church was planted in Cuenca, in early 1998. It was named Misión Palabra de Vida (MPV). In this church he performed leadership roles in the teams of Praise and Worship, Youth, Children, Evangelism and Outreach. He was also a mentor to young leaders, and he conducted the Leadership Class for the church leaders. During his last four years with MPV he served as Assistant Pastor, and as the National Director of MPV Ecuador. He then pursued a career in Spanish Text editing. He became a professional freelance editor in 2006. In December 2006 he co-founded Grupo Scribere and has since co-directed linguistic quality control assignments, particularly in the area of Christian Literature.
- Professional Editor, Diploma from the European University of Madrid, Spain.
- Member of The Christian PEN: Proofreaders and Editors Network.
- Postsecondary education on Pastoral Theology, SEMISUD, Ecuador.
- Training on Missions and Bible Teaching, Church of God Seminary. Cuenca, Ecuador.
- Several courses on Spanish, and editing of Spanish texts.
Ma. Elena Carrión de Medina
She earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Education, with a specialization in Teaching of English as a Foreign Language, from the Private Technical University of Loja, Ecuador.
She holds a Certificate of Training in Literary Translation from Cálamo&Cran, Spain.
Member No. 264177 of ATA (American Translators Association)
Member No. 796 of IAPTI (International Association of Professional Translators and Interpreters).
Member No. 875926 of Proz Certified PRO Network.
Several courses on Theology, Leadership and Women's Ministry.
Elena has been a part-time translator since 1998. Her first assignments came from Plan Piedad, a foster parent program that supported children in her home church. Two main areas of her church leadership and involvement have been the roles of lead singer and leader of the Praise and Worship Team, and as part of the Interpreters Team.
Elena became a full time translator in December 2006. She is a registered Certified Translator for the Embassies of Canada, the United Kingdom and the United States of America in Ecuador.
Click the icon's below to visit
Elena's public profiles:
Recently, Elena has taken the following Training Courses:
- Copywriting for Translators
- Translators & Self-published Authors — A Partnership for the New Digital Publishing Age
- Transcreation as an specialization
- Transcription and Translation of Subtitles
- Fundamentals of the Correct Spelling of the Spanish Language
- Literary translation and strategies for translating poetry
- The Life Cycle of a Translation Project
- Expand and Consolidate your Knowledge of the Correct Use of the Spanish Language
- Measuring Translation Quality
Modeladas por el Alfarero [Modelled by the Potter], a blog for women who want to be different.
Franco and Elena are also the founders of KINGDOM: Global Network of Christian Translators and Interpreters. KINGDOM is a team of more than 60 professional Christian translators from all over the world who manage more than 20 languages. Their focus is to network, fellowship and serve each other as cultural advisors.